Pipestud’s Consignment Shop Acceptance Policy for eBay
Please send only pipes that are –
- In solid and clean condition with no cake build-up in the bowls and cleaned stems with no issues at all or extremely minor tooth marks or scratching. No pipes with burn marks, cracks in the bowls or stems. No pipes with replacement stems please.
- I accept name brand pipes that you believe would bring a minimum of $50 per pipe on eBay. If you have questions regarding value please just ask me and I will give you my thoughts.
- I normally do not sell Meerschaum pipes but will sometimes accept them if they are the higher end pieces from well known and respected Meerschaum carvers. I am not able to consign “no name” or “antique” Meerschaum pipes with no provenance.
- Before packing and shipping, please send me a list of the names of the pipes you want to send. If there are any changes made when shipping please be sure to let me know so that I will have an accurate list of your inventory to compare with what was sent.
- I can also accept well-known brand pipe lighters and extraordinary pipe tampers. I can accept well known pipe and/or tobacco pouches or pipe bags that again, are well known names brands.
- I am not able to accept books, magazines, pipe racks, pipe stands, humidors (pipe or cigar), cigar boxes, empty pipe tobacco tins, etc.
- My commission per sale is a flat rate 30% and I use a portion of my commission to pay all eBay listing and final value fees as well as the PayPal fees
- Once I list the pipes on eBay for their 7-day, no reserve and .2 cents to open auctions, it is understood that I will run the auctions to their conclusions and not end the auctions early.
- Consignors understand that it is against eBay’s shill bidding policy to bid on their own items and that by sending me their pipes to sell, they agree that they will refrain from bidding on auctions that feature their own inventory.
- I am very blessed to have many people who send me their fine pipes to sell on their behalf. Some weeks I have at least a dozen or more people that I am selling for. I am seldom able to list larger collections of more than 10-15 pipes per consignor per week. So, there is a good chance that your auctions may be spread out over several weeks to either accommodate as many consignors as possible, or, you sent a lot of pipes of the same brand and I may want to list only a few of those per week to keep the bidding from being diluted. You will be paid each week for the previous week’s sales until I have completed the dispersal of your inventory.
For information about my eBay pipe consignment auctions, simply click the link below –
And, if you would like to check out my current eBay offerings, simply follow this link to my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/PIPESTUDS-CONSIGNMENT-PIPE-SHOP
What Others Say About Pipestud’s eBay & Website Sales –
“Steve Fallon (aka Pipestud) is a real professional. Very knowledgeable about pipes and tobacco- and very service oriented. Buy from him and he will get it to you pronto. Sell through him and and your check will arrive in a day or two. So don’t hesitate to saddle up with this cowboy. ” – Vernon Vig, former President of the United Pipe Collectors Club of America and year 2017 Chicago Show Dr. of Pipes Award Winner
“I’ve found Steve Fallon to be sincere & trustworthy, a man of integrity who is able to present pipes and vintage tobaccos on my behalf that garner good prices.” – Regis McCafferty, Co-Founder, North American Society of Pipe Collectors
“Pipestud is one of the most knowledgeable pipe sellers in the world. I have used Steve Fallon as a source of reference for years, including in my book, ‘In Search of Pipe Dreams.” – Rick Newcombe, noted pipe book author
“I have consigned with Pipestud many times with superior results. He gets my highest recommendations!” – The late Bill Unger, former Editor of The Pipe Collector and Pipe Book Author
“Over the years, I have purchased pipes and tobacco from Pipestud and always placed my bids or made my orders with the highest level of confidence.” – Rich Esserman, noted pipe and tobacco collector
“I inherited an extensive collection of pipes and tobacco but knew nothing about them. I came across The Pipestud’s site while trying to research the value of the collection and knew he was the answer to a prayer! Steve is extremely knowledgeable about pipes and tobacco and helped me get top dollar. He patiently answered my many questions and has always paid promptly. It is an absolute pleasure to do business with The Pipestud!” A Satisfied Consignor.
Thank you again for wanting to consign your pipes with me and I don’t take your trust lightly. It is greatly appreciated!