Pipestud’s Consignment Shop Acceptance Policy for Pipe Tobacco
I sell the following kinds of pipe tobacco on my private website –
- Out of Production famous blends
- Rare tobacco that may or may not be still in production
- In production pipe tobacco that is well known with 5-7 years of age, minimum.
- Well known In production pipe tobacco that is well known but very scarce and hard to get
Condition of the Tobacco –
- Only full and still factory sealed tins or pouches/bags can be accepted
- No rust, no holes, no torn labels on any tins or pouches/bags
- No tins where you do not know the age unless they fit the rare or out of production or in production tins that are scarce criteria.
Terms of Acceptance
- Because I sell so much tobacco from so many customers, I do not have the time to return tobacco that arrives in unsellable condition and those tins pouches/bags will be disposed of and I will let the consignor know what, if anything, arrived that is not sellable. Also, make sure that you don’t send me anything you decide later that you want back. I sure don’t want to take the time and effort to list tins only to have the consignors ask me to return them.
- While I appreciate input from the owners, I use my own professional experience to set prices of all tobacco sold on my website. I always try to establish price points that I think will be fair to my consignors, my buyers and me. Items that do not sell within a reasonable amount of time may have the prices adjusted to promote sales.
- Please have a packing list in your box/boxes detailing the contents of each box sent
- I send out checks with accompanying sales statements that detail each sale at the first of every week for the previous week’s sales until the dispersal is complete. I will pay the consignor through PayPal if that is preferred as a payment method. Since my PayPal account is a business account, if you do want to be paid that way the transaction must be noted as a service rendered and PayPal may take a small percentage of the amount due from my payment to you.
- For each item sold, the consignor receives 70% of the sale and I accept a 30% commission on each sale.
How to Get the Process Started
- I can sell only on approval, so, before packing and shipping, please send me a list of the names and approximate ages of the tobacco tins or pouches/bags that you want me to sell on your behalf. Once I look over the list I will get back with you quickly with my thoughts. Once we establish what will be sent, if there are any changes made when shipping please be sure to let me.
- Due to the high volume of consignment tobacco that I have in stock at any given time, in may be several weeks before I begin selling your tobacco, particularly the lower end tobacco that will not command high sale prices. Your patience is appreciated.
Thank you again for your consideration of using Pipestud’s Consignment Shop Internet site for the dispersal of your pipe tobacco!